Kindle basic version 4.0.1
- Option to refresh page at every turn instead of every 5th page
- General software improvements but no changes to the user interface or menus
- Items can be removed from the Carousel, but only one at a time
- General improvements to performance and fluidity
- Full screen mode for Web pages
Two often requested features are landscape mode for the Touch- that's the main thing I miss from my Kindle Keyboard- and a way to remove the Carousel entirely from the Home page of the Fire. Amazon says that the touch screen implementation on the Kindle Touch makes changing the screen orientation difficult, but they appear to be working on it.
To me and many others, the Carousel seems completely redundant. Why not devote the Home screen entirely to the Favorites list, which the user has full control over?